Roof Repair Services & Maintenance Plans
It’s critical to have a professional roofer inspect and maintain your roof every three to five years, at minimum. Ideal Precision Roofing and Exteriors, Inc. would love to become your go-to roof repair contractor for all your roof maintenance needs. We service all types of residential and commercial roofing, and we specialize in repairing roof leaks fast.
Preventing water damage to your property and protecting your family or business is crucial, and our team understands this. Contact us today to schedule your free inspection and roof repair estimate or ask about our roof maintenance plans!
My Roof Is Leaking! What Should I Do?
If you have water stains that extend across your ceilings or are running down your walls, the source is probably a roof leak. Most roof leaks are similar in nature and are caused by the same types of problems. Common causes of roof leaks include:
- Blown-Off Shingles – Regardless of the material they’re made of, shingles are prone to lifting up due to high winds. Lighter materials suffer from this more than heavier, but even heavy asphalt shingles can peel up and blow away, leaving your underlayment and roof deck exposed to the elements.
- Bad or Leaking Pipe Flashing – The vent pipes on your roof sit underneath your roof material. They are usually well-sealed, but corrosion of the pipe flashing or the sealant can allow water to seep through to the interior.
- Chimney/Skylight Step Flashing – Chimney flashing can leak if high winds pull it away from your chimney or roof, or if the sealant is compromised. Skylights are trickier to diagnose. What looks like a leak can just be condensation. However, a cracked skylight or worn seals can allow leaks to form.
- Valleys – Valleys are the little gutters that run down interior angles on your roof. Flashing can be damaged by lifting tiles, fungus build-up or improper cleaning. Since the bulk of the rainwater is going to be channeled down these valleys by the laws of gravity, it’s imperative to be sure they are not damaged.
- Ice Dams – Ice dams form when melted snow refreezes on your roof. This creates a wall that won’t allow other runoff to drain into your rain gutters or otherwise leave your roof.
- Low Slope/Inadequate Roof Pitch – Low-slope roofs are susceptible to wind damage almost as much as flat roofs. They often don’t allow good runoff in regions that see a lot of rain. Ponds can form when rafters sag due to age and weight.
If you notice any of these signs, you should call Ideal Roofing and Exteriors – your roof repair specialist –to get the problem fixed immediately.
Sign Up for Our Roof Maintenance Plan
Maintaining a sound roof is at the top of the list of crucial home repairs. Your roof is your home’s defense against the weather and keeps your family warm and dry. If you notice any damage or signs of wear, call Ideal Roofing and Exteriors immediately. A quick roof repair will keep water from seeping under the shingles and rotting the wood sheathing beneath, possibly saving you the unexpected expense of a roof replacement, which could cost thousands of dollars.
Schedule a Free Roof Inspection Today!
If you’re interested in our expert roof repair or roof maintenance services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Ideal Precision Roofing and Exteriors, Inc. Call us at (210) 485-1553 or submit the convenient contact form and we’ll be sure to respond ASAP.